Scan Minerals has embarked on a number of projects since inception of the venture. The Managing Director has enviable experience in mining and recycling of gold tailings for gold extraction and haulage of tailings. The Managing Director was among the group of personnel who establish Gold Recovery Ghana Limited in Tema.
The Managing Director was in charge of buying tailings for Gold Recovery Ghana Limited; a position he held till he formed his own business venture. Scan Minerals has since inception been engaging in alluvia mining on a small scale basis and haulage of gold tailings to Gold Recovery Ghana Ltd. The venture teamed up with an Indian Company for mining and supply of gold. The project was successfully executed till the partners departed to India.
SME successfully secured a contract with Owere Mines at Konongo for a supply and haulage of gold tailings. SME supplied quality grade of gold tailings and provided excellent transport services for the haulage of the materials which was received with approbation by management of Owere Mines. SME used rigid Actros Benz and Man Diesel truck to execute the contract, because such trucks have proven stronger in the test of time. The company complied with all the road safety regulations and abided by the policies of Owere Mines to avoid any unforeseen eventualities. SME shall deploy high standard road transport and operations management in executing all future contracts.
Scan Minerals proposes to constantly supply gold tailings with the following terms:
- Grade of tails to be delivered will average 2 g/t and above. Not less than 54000 tonnes of tailings will be supplied per month for grades below 2.0g/t
- Sampling to be done by clients representative for confirmation of grade.
- Client takes responsibility of ore once delivered to designated point.
- Estimation of tonnage to be done by supplier by truck volume; client to choose a crosscheck method.
- The moisture content is to be measured from samples to arrive at the dry tons delivered.
- Amount of gold delivered is based on the dry tons.
- Ore is deemed handed over once grade and dry tonnage are agreed upon.
- An invoice will be delivered to client not more than three days after handing over.
- Payment to be effected three week after handing over of ore.
- One month notice is required for agreement interruption or discontinuance.
Scan Minerals proposes one year contract after a trial period of 3 months to be signed with clients for the supply of gold tailings to enable the venture plan its operations with its financiers.